Olympic Moving & Storage/Bekins Northwest group seeks a dynamic, high energy Outside Sales Representative that is self-motivated to succeed in our Western Washington territory. The ideal candidate will be an experienced sales professional with a propensity for sales and business development. The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for outside sales activities in order to increase revenue through sales, service and by generating new customers, and additional business from existing customers. Bekins Northwest offers a comprehensive training program and professional development programs for all sales professionals.
Prior successful sales background and strong understanding of the moving and storage industry in Dispatch/Sales Transportation/Operations Management/Job Profitability are highly desired.
Essential Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Develops sales targets through a combination of territory company leads and cultivation of residential markets to sell household goods relocation services to homeowners, renters, realtors, builders, etc.
• Represents the first point of contact to homeowners for relocation and storage services.
• Responsible for generating sales growth while fostering a stress free moving experience from the very start.
• Work one-on-one with clients to create customized move plans to match their specific moving and storage needs.
• Although warm leads and appointments are provided by the company to the sales representatives; to maximize the potential of this position, the successful candidate will recognize the need, and have the desire to, search and acquire self generated business. This can be done through existing relationships, or diligent prospecting.
• Conducts and coordinates sales presentations for potential new and existing customers.
• Handle customer questions, concerns, etc.
• Compiles competitive information to formulate competitive strategy and programs.
• Supports, promotes and practices the principles of Bekins Northwest’s strategic plans and budget, as well as department and organizational goals.
• Continuously promotes compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, management or other related field is desired, but not required.
• Previous proven success in a sales role and/or previous successful sales experience in a moving and storage business is an advantage.
• 2-3 years previous sales experience is a plus. Previous sales experience in a moving and storage business is an advantage.
• Provide exceptional customer service.
• Proficiency with electronic devices and computer software.
• Sharp listening skills and critical thinker.
• Confident and personable.
• Excellent verbal and written communications.
• Strong organizational and accuracy skills.
• Flexible schedule (occasional nights and weekend appointments during peak season).
• Valid driver’s license in good standing with acceptable driving record.
• Reliable transportation and ability to travel on a daily basis.
• Ability to self-motivate.
Attractive Pay Structure:
• Income guarantee for up to 18 months of employment. Overall compensation is based upon the company sales commission policy and therefore is ultimately determined by the sales persons performance.
• Our competitive benefit package includes: Paid vacation and holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage.
Bekins Northwest takes pride in having a dynamic, diverse workforce. The possibilities for our Company are limitless and so are the careers of the bright, ambitious team players behind our innovations. We strive to attract and train the very best employees and provide them with ongoing career development, benefits, and a path for advancement.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Passage of a drug test and criminal background check are required at the time of employment.
Bekins Northwest is a Drug Free Work Environment. Any candidate that tests positive for marijuana or ANY controlled substance and/or alcohol during a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening will not be eligible for hire.
About this Company:
Established in 1903, Bekins Northwest has more than 100 years of experience in the moving industry. We continually strive to raise the standard to provide our customers with the best possible service in the moving industry. Our highly qualified staff of account managers, movers, packers and drivers are considered experts in the industry. We proudly employ a professional staff of experts in residential moving, office moving, systems furniture installations, International crating, special products and corporate relocations. Many of Washington’s largest employers, including the Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Mariners, University of Washington, Providence, Burke Museum and the State of Washington, have relied on our expertise and quality services. We are proud to be an Agent for Bekins Van Lines and their “customer first” philosophy.