Bekins Northwest seeks a dynamic Operations Manager/Dispatcher that is self-motivated and highly organized for our Tukwila branch. Successful candidates will have a professional attitude and thrive in a fast pace environment. The ideal candidate will be an experienced dispatcher with the understanding that our customers have the right to reliable, quality customer service.
**Prior successful background and strong understanding of the service industry in Dispatch/Sales Transportation/Operations Management/Job Profitability are highly desired.
Essential Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Coordinating and dispatching local crews by assigning the most suitable personnel and equipment to each job.
• Ensure that all jobs are dispatched effectively and efficiently.
• Working with management, office and sales staff, crew and customers to ensure accurate communication on each job and excellent customer service.
• Knowledge of equipment, vehicles, and maintenance used in the moving and storage industry.
• Oversee equipment maintenance to ensure vehicles are properly serviced.
• Counsel drivers regarding observed performance.
• Maintains specific records regarding driver performance, attendance and/or other administrative details.
• Ability to manage 15 or more jobs at once.
• Responsible for monitoring training needs and performing retraining for current employees.
• Responsible for the direction and day-to-day supervision of staff. This includes (but not limited to) hiring, training, monitoring for maximum productivity and quality, assessing crew performance and taking corrective action when needed.
• One (1) year minimum supervisory and training experience.
• 2-4 years experience as a dispatcher is required. Experience in the Moving & Storage industry is desired.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, management or other related field is desired, but not required.
• Leadership background in the service industry in Dispatch/Operations and knowledge of Puget Sound geography and ability to read maps.
• Excellent oral and written comprehension and communication skills.
• Exceptional organizational, attention to detail and time management skills.
• Understanding of and commitment to customer service and Bekins Northwest’s core values.
• Ability to problem-solve in stressful situations, making appropriate decisions.
• Ability to assess the performance of self and employees to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Conflict resolution skills, recognizing and responding to potentially volatile situations.
• Proactive, Reliable and Consistent
• Flexible schedule (some nights and weekends).
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Work is generally performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. However, occasionally lifting of up to 100 pounds may be necessary. Travel is minimal, but may be required for training purposes.
• Our competitive benefit package includes: paid vacation and holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage.
Bekins Northwest takes pride in having a dynamic, diverse workforce. The possibilities for our Company are limitless and so are the careers of the bright, ambitious team players behind our innovations. We strive to attract and train the very best employees and provide them with ongoing career development, benefits, and a path for advancement.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Passage of a drug test and criminal background check are required at the time of employment.
Bekins Northwest is a Drug Free Work Environment. Any candidate that tests positive for marijuana or ANY controlled substance and/or alcohol during a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening will not be eligible for hire.
About this Company:
Established in 1903, Bekins Northwest has more than 100 years of experience in the moving industry. We continually strive to raise the standard to provide our customers with the best possible service in the moving industry. Our highly qualified staff of account managers, movers, packers and drivers are considered experts in the industry. We proudly employ a professional staff of experts in residential moving, office moving, systems furniture installations, International crating, special products and corporate relocations. Many of Washington’s largest employers, including the Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Mariners, University of Washington, Providence, Burke Museum and the State of Washington, have relied on our expertise and quality services. We are proud to be an Agent for Bekins Van Lines and their “customer first” philosophy.