Bekins Northwest/Olympic Moving Group seeks a dynamic Accounting Assistant that is self-motivated and highly organized. The ideal candidate will possess a high degree of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and effectively communicate with all levels of employees, both written and verbal, in a professional manner. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who demonstrates good judgment and takes initiative. In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines, demonstrate the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
Essential Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist in AP/AR as assigned.
Bank account reconciliation.
Reconciliation of GL accounts as assigned.
Manage Branch Accountants to ensure Collection efforts are met.
Assist with various year end and quarter end processes as assigned.
Filing and provide general administrative support to the Vice President of Finance and Accounting Department.
Effectively handles and follows up with customer service inquiries from external and/or internal customers for assigned responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of accounting experience.
- Proficient in Great Plains a plus.
- Background and strong understanding of the moving and storage industry a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting controls and processes.
- Understanding of balance sheets, account reconciliations and journal entries.
- 10-key by touch with accuracy
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheets and Outlook
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written comprehension and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Proactive, Reliable and Consistent
- Understanding of and commitment to customer service and Bekins Northwest’s core values.
Benefits: Our competitive benefit package includes: paid vacation and holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage.
Bekins Northwest takes pride in having a dynamic, diverse workforce. The possibilities for our Company are limitless and so are the careers of the bright, ambitious team players behind our innovations. We strive to attract and train the very best employees and provide them with ongoing career development, benefits, and a path for advancement.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Passage of a drug test and criminal background check are required at the time of employment.
Bekins Northwest is a Drug Free Work Environment. Any candidate that tests positive for marijuana or ANY controlled substance and/or alcohol during a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening will not be eligible for hire.
About our Company: Established in 1903, Bekins Northwest has more than 100 years of experience in the moving industry. We continually strive to raise the standard to provide our customers with the best possible service in the moving industry. Our highly qualified staff of account managers, movers, packers and drivers are considered experts in the industry. We proudly employ a professional staff of experts in residential moving, office moving, systems furniture installations, International crating, special products and corporate relocation’s. Many of Washington’s largest employers, including the Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Mariners, University of Washington, Providence, Burke Museum and the State of Washington, have relied on our expertise and quality services. We are proud to be an Agent for Bekins Van Lines and their “customer first” philosophy.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Associate
accounting: 2 yearsFollow Us For More Updates!